Are you looking for a way to spruce up your look without having to make drastic changes? Hair extensions are the perfect solution! Not only do they add length, but they also give you more volume and versatility when it comes to styling. Whether you’re interested in trying out different styles or just seeking more confidence through longer locks, hair extensions can help give you the boost of confidence that everyone deserves. From sew-ins to clip ins, there are so many types of hair extensions available today – we can all find stylish and effortless solutions for our individual needs.
In this blog post we will discuss why hair extensions are great, what options are available and how best to care for them in order to get maximum use out of them. Ready? Let's jump in!
Best Selling Sew-In Hair Extensions (Click Below)
There are several types of hair extensions available, each with its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Here are some popular types of hair extensions to determine what type of hair extensions you should get.
- Clip-in hair extensions: These are the most affordable and easiest to apply. They can be easily clipped into your natural hair and removed just as easily. However, they may not be as durable as other types of extensions and may not blend as seamlessly with your natural hair.
- Tape-in hair extensions: These extensions are applied by sandwiching a small section of your natural hair between two tape-in extensions. They are relatively easy to apply and remove, and they blend well with your natural hair. However, they may not be as durable as other types and may not hold up well if you have fine hair.
- Fusion hair extensions: These extensions are applied by bonding the extension to small sections of your natural hair using a keratin adhesive. They are long-lasting and blend well with your natural hair, but they can be difficult to apply and remove, and they may cause damage to your natural hair if not applied correctly.
- Sew-in hair extensions: Sew-ins are a method of adding hair extensions to your natural hair using a needle and thread. The extensions are sewn onto braids that have been created close to the scalp. Sew-ins are a popular choice for adding length and volume to your hair, and they can be worn for several weeks at a time before they need to be removed and re-sewn. Some people prefer sew-ins to other methods of applying hair extensions because they are generally more secure and can be less damaging to the natural hair.
To determine the best type of hair extensions for you, consider your budget, the amount of time you have for maintenance, the condition of your natural hair and which type of hair extensions are less damaging. You should always consult with a stylist who is experienced in applying hair extensions to get a professional recommendation.
There are several other factors to consider when choosing hair extensions as well:
- Length: Hair extensions can add length to your hair, but it's important to choose a length that looks natural and proportionate to your overall look.
- Color: It's important to choose hair extensions that match your natural hair color as closely as possible. If you want to experiment with a new color, try clip-in extensions that can be easily removed and swapped out.
- Texture: Choose hair extensions that match the texture of your natural hair for a seamless and natural look.
- Method of attachment: There are several different methods for attaching hair extensions, including braiding, gluing, and clipping. Consider which method will be the most comfortable and secure for you.
- Quality: Invest in high-quality hair extensions that are made from real human hair. Synthetic hair extensions may be cheaper, but they are not as durable and can't be styled with heat tools.
Sew-in extensions, also known as weave extensions, can be a good choice for beginners because they are relatively easy to install and maintain. With sew-in extensions, the hair is braided into cornrows and the extension hair is sewn onto the braids using a needle and thread. This method is less damaging to the hair than some other extension methods, such as fusion or tape-in extensions. Sew-in extensions can also be easily removed by a stylist, so they are a good choice if you are not sure if you want to commit to extensions long-term. However, it is important to choose a skilled stylist to ensure that the extensions are installed properly and do not cause damage to your natural hair.
Here are some things to consider when getting sew-in extensions:
- Prepare your natural hair: Before you install the sew-in hair extensions, make sure to wash and dry your hair and remove any tangles or knots. You may also want to apply a leave-in conditioner to help protect your hair from the sewing process.
- Get a professional installation: Sew-in hair extensions are best installed by a professional hairstylist. They have the training and experience to ensure that the extensions are sewn in properly and blend seamlessly with your natural hair.
- Take care of your sew-in hair extensions: To keep your sew-in hair extensions looking their best, make sure to brush them regularly, use a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner, and use a heat protectant like “Beyond The Zone” when using styling tools on the extensions. Be sure to use a large tooth comb or paddle brush to detangle the hair. Start with a small section working from ends to root.
- You should also have the extensions tightened or re-sewn every 4-6 weeks to maintain the integrity of the installation.
Things to know: Choose the correct hair extensions. Using the wrong type of hair extensions can damage your natural hair. For example, if you have fine hair or experiencing hair loss and you use heavy hair extensions, they can weigh your hair down and cause breakage. This is something you defintely want to avoid. In this case, you may want to try a sew-in using a hair net. It will give the hair stylist enough coverage to create the hair styles that you ask for by creating a barrier between your hair and the thread and tracks, which puts much less stress on your hair. without damaging your hair any further.
Other Benefits of A Sew-In Hair Install:
As a protective style, you do not have to apply heat to your natural hair that has been braided away. You can manipulate your extensions with as much heat as you would like without damaging your hair. If you choose to have leave-out, it is best to choose a texture that matches closest to your natural hair for the best blend without over-styling.
With sew-in hair extensions, you have access to properly taking care of your scalp. You should still be cleansing and taking care of your scalp with the products that will stimulate growth.
Gives A Natural Appearance
Especially with the right texture and quality extensions, your sew-in hair extensions should look completely undetectable. A good sew-in hair should look natural even if it is extra long or thick. A good stylist understands seamless track placement and the perfect cut and style.
Leave Out Hair? Yes or No
If you have healthy hair and are planning to wear sew-in extensions for a short period of time, it can be beneficial to incorporate your natural hair into the sew-in. This can help to distribute the weight of the extensions more evenly across your head, which can help to prevent damage to your natural hair. Additionally, incorporating your natural hair into the sew-in can help the extensions blend more seamlessly with your hair, giving a more natural look.
If you have damaged hair or are planning to wear sew-in extensions for an extended period of time, you may want to consider leaving your natural hair out of the sew-in to allow it to rest and recover. In this case, you can use a leave-out method, where a small section of your natural hair is left out to blend with the extensions, or a full sew-in, where all of your natural hair is braided down and the extensions are sewn onto the braids.
A Little Bit Goes A Long Way
Do not overuse hair products. Most products require just a dime or quarter size amount. So keep it light and avoid oily or greasy products on the hair.
In conclusion, it is important to properly care for hair weaves and extensions to maintain their appearance and extend their lifespan. This includes using the correct hair care products, avoiding heat styling and overprocessing, and regularly washing and conditioning the hair. Additionally, it is important to follow the instructions provided by the stylist who installed the hair weaves or extensions to ensure proper care and maintenance. By following these guidelines, you can help ensure that your hair weaves and extensions look their best and last as long as possible.